Where Are the 9/11 Whistleblowers?
Answering a Common Objection to Theories That
the September 11 Attacks Were an Inside Job
A 9-11 Research PDF Essay
by Gregg Roberts, Associate Editor
Note: Since there have actually been many whistleblowers -- just no one who credibly claims to be one of the perpetrators -- the present title is something of a misnomer. Send suggestions for a better title to gregg(delete this anti-spam text)@wtc7.net. This title does have the virtue that many people do Internet searches about 9/11 whistleblowers, so consider that in your suggestion.
In many personal discussions I have had about 9/11, I am often interrupted
long before I can describe much of the evidence that it was an inside job,
with the objection that such a large conspiracy could not have been covered up.
"Hundreds, if not thousands, of people would have to have been involved.
Someone would have talked," as this objection has it,
or in common parlance, "someone would have blown the whistle."
This objection has also been confidently raised on various Internet
discussion forums, and in some instances where anyone in the corporate
or Left media has bothered to dignify the issue with a response.
Gregg Roberts is a freelance technical writer and business analyst
with a bachelor's degree in psychology, master's-level study in social work,
and earlier education in the "hard" sciences. His history of peace and justice
activism goes back 20 years, including work against US funding for Salvadoran
death squads and the contra war in Nicaragua. He has been investigating the
September 11 attacks since December 2003 and has provided extensive editorial
assistance to the 9-11 Research website family. He is currently working
with webmaster Jim Hoffman on a book based on the site.
The essay I'm offering below provides a self-contained,
easily printed review of the evidence for official complicity in 9/11:
- The immediate identification of Osama bin Laden as the "mastermind" and the almost immediate identification of all 19 alleged hijackers
- Scant public evidence supporting the official account
- Official statements that lack fundamental credibility, such as that a suicide attack by airliner had never been considered
- The unprecedented, unexplained collapses of three steel-framed skyscrapers, allegedly due to fire, while exhibiting all the typical features of controlled demolition, or features that argue for it even more strongly
After the review, I discuss issues that bear on the likelihood of a 9/11 whistleblower coming forward, and of his or her case being widely covered in the mainstream media, including:
- The history of "false-flag attacks" and other government operations that were kept secret by hundreds of people for decades
- The likely number of insiders in a position to blow the whistle and their relevant personal characteristics
- How the government and media have treated whistleblowers who have revealed weaknesses in the handling of national security threats, without claiming any inside knowledge of how 9/11 was carried out (or even challenging the official story)
- The motivations and concerns of whistleblowers
- Attitudes and other filtering mechanisms evident in the major media
I conclude that the probability of an insider coming forward and widespread coverage being afforded such a person are quite low because of the explosive nature of the issue, the risk/opportunity balance to would-be whistleblowers, and the filtering mechanisms that operate in both the corporate and Left media.
My Purpose in Writing This Essay
The Prima Facie Case That 9/11 Was an Inside Job
Reopening An “Open-and-Shut” Case
They Were So Dumb, They Outsmarted Us
What Does It Take to Reduce Heavy Steel Skyscrapers to Toothpicks and Dust?
Who Had the Means?
Government and Media Treatment of the Issues
Where Are the 9/11 Whistleblowers?
Conspiracies Happen All the Time
Upstanding Members of Society
Physics Trumps Armchair Psychology
Who Is in Actually a Position to Blow the 9/11 Whistle?
If You Say It, They Will Come
Media Self-Censorship, and Ridicule of 9/11 Skeptics
The Mother of All Whistleblowers Weighs In
What Motivates Whistleblowers?
Historical Precedent: (Temporarily) Successful, Massive Cover-Ups
What Response from Authorities Could 9/11 Whistleblowers Expect?
The Case of Sibel Edmonds
The Case of Coleen Rowley
The Case of Kevin Ryan
"Trust Us, We'll Protect You"
Surely, Reforms Are on the Way
Afterword: What Can We Do?
"First, Do No Harm"
Join with Others
Sixty-two large-print pages; footnotes